A website is to present your self/company, tell the message, present the products and/or services and to sell (web store).
For a website the following is needed:
- A domain-name : Your domain-name is the address people enter in their browser, to access your internet-sites. E.g. Entrepreneurs.link for this site.
Parts of the internet-address Explanation http (Source: Wikipedia) In short, the http stands for "HyperText Transfer Protocol" and is the technical protocol for our internet. (http)s It stands for "Secure" and it means that the communication (between visitor and your website) is encrypted. It is recommended in general, and specifically when dealing with sensitive information. E.g. personal data or payments. Aqqii arranges this by default. www This stands for : "World Wide Web" and it is advised to have this. Domain-name (e.g. Aqqii) The following aspects are often considered:
- Available (check by entering in your browser)
- Company name
- Starting with A
- Related to offering
Domain-suffix (e.g. com) See screenshot here to the upper-right
- Hosting : This contains the following main elements:
Technical element Capacity depend on (Computer) storage The amount of information, such as pages, products, pictures, video’s, orders, etc Computing power The amount and complexity of computer processes. Mainly depended on WordPress, WooCommerce, Elementor and other plugins Connection from your domain to the internet Number of visitors
- Software to create the website : This type of software is called content management system (CMS). It enables users to create, manage, and modify content on a website, without needing to know anything about code. More information can be found e.g. this Wikipedia-site. Often the CMS is free, and extra pieces of software (plugins) can be loaded (free or paid) to enrich the possibilities.
After this you will need:
- To decide the structure of the website, which will have a reflection on the pages.
- To write the content for it (note: this will impact the structure)
- Define a house-style (colors, logo, letter-type, size, etc)
- Acquaint to the software
- Layout each page
- Arrange pictures
If you prefer to make it look professional and be efficient, it can be outsourced. Some key questions / advises: